Australian Music Events invites singers to join the choir for Opera in the Alps 2018.
Sing grand-scale choruses in a wonderful outdoor concert with orchestra set on the magnificent Beechworth Golf Course.
Experience the joy of singing with choristers from NSW, the ACT and VIC under the tutelage of professional vocal and choral tutors. Enjoy working with well-known Australian conductor Guy Noble and the Opera in the Alps orchestra with leading Australian artists.
Opera in the Alps
Beechworth Golf Course
Saturday 20 January 2018, 8:00pm
St. Columb's Hawthorn
Sunday 19 November 2017
Session #1 – 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Sunday 26 November 2017
Session #2 – 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Opera in the Alps Workshop Week (Beechworth)
Wednesday 17 January - Saturday 20 January 2018
Thursday 18 January 2018 - Lunchtime Concert
Saturday 20 January 2018 - Opera in the Alps Concert
$210 Full Registration fee
$100 Under 30 & Tertiary Student fee*
$85 Partner Registration Fee
Friends/family of choristers wishing to be volunteers will be entitled to a ticket in the Chair or Picnic Rug area.
*Must submit a copy of their tertiary student card and proof of age for acceptance.
NEW ADDITIONS TO 2018
- Plans are also under way to include a short lunchtime concert for the Choir in Beechworth on Thursday Jan 18, offering more listening opportunities for the local community. We have noticed more interest from local people since introducing OSA lunchtime concerts during the week of OITA.
- Ben Colley, our resident dance/movement coach will introduce some warmup activities each morning before the choir rehearsal
- Stage direction by Chris Bradtke, a well known stage director from Melbourne (CLOC Theatre) will work with the choir.
- Sectional breakout sessions will be available to enable choristers to secure vocal parts within the choruses.
- The choir will be involved in the processional before the main concert.
Your registration fee includes the following catering in Beechworth:
• Morning Teas: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday / Afternoon Teas: Wednesday & Thursday
There are a range of eating places in Beechworth town centre. Please contact the Beechworth Visitor Information Centre for further details 1300 366 321 or visit www.beechworthonline.com.au
Accommodation (for choir members)
You will need to book your own accommodation in Beechworth for the Wednesday to Saturday nights (17th Jan to 20th Jan) inclusive. There are a variety of options including self-contained holiday units, B & Bs, caravan parks, motels and hotels.
We can refer you to the Beechworth Visitor Information Centre as a starting point 1300 366 321 or visit www.beechworthonline.com.au
NOTE: First rehearsal starts 11.00am on Wednesday 18th January 2017.
OPERA IN THE ALPS DISCOUNT
Choir members will be able to purchase discounted tickets to Opera in the Alps 2018. Choir members will be given a discount code which can be used to receive a 20% discount for all Opera in the Alps tickets (except Premium tickets). This code will be valid from 1 September 2017 and can be used online only via www.operainthealps.com.au
The discount code will be advised once your registration form has been received.
VOICES IN THE TWILIGHT DISCOUNT
You are invited to enjoy an intimate performance by Opera Scholars Australia, at their annual concert Voices in the Twilight.
Venue: George Kerferd Hotel, Albert Road, Mayday Hills, Beechworth
Date: Thursday 18 January 2018
Tickets: Choir discounted tickets: $20.00 (usually $30.00) includes a glass of sparkling wine.
Choir discounted tickets can be pre-purchased online www.operainthealps.com.au. The discount code will be advised once your registration form has been received.
THINGS TO BRING TO REHEARSALS:
All music will be emailed through to you and it is expected that you print off your own copy to work on prior to coming to the event.
If you have any problems downloading, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 03 9819 7166.
Please bring pencil and eraser to the workshops and rehearsals.